Online shopping comes with a lot of perks. You can shop whenever you want, from the comfort of your own couch. You can score great deals with even the big-name stores. You can discover small boutiques that you may have never found otherwise. Plus, you can go through scores of clothing without fiddling with racks or searching labels for your size.
No matter how much you love shopping online, though, you may still be worried that you’ll hate what you purchase once you try it on. Whether you’re searching for Sinister Diesel apparel or you’re just browsing your favorite shop, here’s how to order clothing online and make sure it fits like a glove.
1. Ask a friend to take your measurements. Knowing you’re a size medium or that you wear a size six in jeans isn’t enough. What’s a size eight to one company is a size 10 to another. Stand normally, without pulling in your stomach or standing straighter than you normally would. This is the best way to ensure a comfortable fit.
2. Now that you have your measurements, check the store’s sizing chart. If you regularly shop with the same stores, you’ll learn how they size clothing, which will make purchasing easier. If you love a certain clothing line, but don’t live close to the store, it’s a great idea to order online since you’re already familiar with the fit.
3. Order from a shop that will make clothing to your specific measurements. This is more expensive than ordering already-made clothing, but you’ll get the best fit possible when something is made specifically for you.
4. Check the return policy. Many stores that are online-only have more flexible policies than shops that you can physically go into. Even if you’re careful about taking your measurements and picking out sizes, you may still not love how a shirt or a pair of pants fit. Ideally, shop from a store that will offer a 100% refund, including shipping.
5. If you buy an expensive outfit online, but it doesn’t fit well, you don’t necessarily have to return it. Find a seamstress or tailor who can make minor adjustments for you. You wouldn’t want to bother with this extra expense for a basic outfit, but if you have your heart set on a suit or a wedding gown, for example, this is a good way to go.
Savvy online shoppers can get the right fit every time, saving themselves the hassle and expense of returning clothing.